Hi There......

DJDAZZLE

I am a mobile DJ hoping to get some insight into DMX lighting. I have a basic knowledge, but am looking for more. I have a Chauvet Obey 10 as controller for several LED lighting combo's. Looks nice, but would like more insight than the manual. Any help out there? Thanks in advance.....

Welcome to the booth.

Are you currently having issues with your lighting rig or just want to learn more about what you can do with it? If you post a question in the Lighting & Electrics forum indicating what you're trying to accomplish you'll probably get some replies.

Welcome to the booth.

Are you currently having issues with your lighting rig or just want to learn more about what you can do with it? If you post a question in the Lighting & Electrics forum indicating what you're trying to accomplish you'll probably get some replies.
I will look there. Just want to do more with the moving heads, scanners, led bars etc. Thanks, I will look over there

Spending some time in the Wiki can be very informative. Many articles have links to outside sites.

DJDAZZLE, it sounds like you want help with programing you board, but I'm not sure if you're looking for help with how to program or what to program.

If I were programing that board, I'd think about 3 or 4 moods that I want the lighting to convey and program a chase for each mood (I might program an alternate chase for 1 or 2 moods that I used most often as well). I'd plan to have one chase available for programing a sequence specific to the current gig, but I'd plan on the other chases being the same for every gig (perhaps reprograming one every once in a while for variety).

You are spot on R. That is a good route to follow. I have most of this month and next to make changes. Sounds like that approach will work well. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back