High End Technobeam

carsonld

Hoping some of the more experience lighting friends can throw their input in on this one. I am looking at purchasing some technobeams from a local church. I can get 8 for about $400. But he thinks only 2 work. I am mostly focused with theatre applications. Is this a good deal? I am mostly looking at getting them just so I can tinker around with the broken ones and see if I can learn a new skill (moving light maintenance). I would also like to use them in theatrical applications but don't know too much about the fixture itself. Maybe throw some input on if its a good deal and what applications y'all have used them in that they were successful lights for? I know they are older fixtures so I am not expecting something feature packed.

$400 for the package is a good price. $400/ea is steep, especially if 6 don't work.
Technos are limited. I like them for speed and effect.
Theatrical limitations:
Color wheel
Fixed beam angle (The lens can be repositioned but the range is between 11-17 degrees)
Limits of pan tilt because of the mirror
They aren't too bad to repair. The costs aren't too high for stepper motors and the like. LightParts Inc is your source for parts.
Good luck,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back