Control/Dimming Hog4PC to Control HedgeHog4

imbrandone

So my venue utilizes a HedgeHog4 for programing and playback, however there is a hardware malfunction (and recall) where not all the hard keys work the way they're programmed to. So I want to know if there's a way to utilize the Hedgehog as a slave from a USB output on Hog4PC.

We want to send the console out and we know the one universe dongle is a viable option, it's just not being approved for the budget. So my next best option is to slave the console.

I think it depends on which version of the Hedgehog you have. (I could be wrong, it's been a little while since I've looked at a hedgehog.)

If it is a Hedgehog 4X or a 4N, then yes you can use Hog4 PC, and mirror them on HogNet. However, if it is just the standard Hedgehog, I don't believe there is any way to slave your console, and I don't think that you can use USB in any fashion to do what you're hoping for.

I'm not an expert on the Hedgehog, by any means...
That said, could you build the show in HOGonPC, load it into the Hedgehog, then use Hog on PC to send go commands (Via artnet or Midi) to the actual console?
Any of the Hog4 consoles can accept show files from any other, and the Hedgehog has Midi built-in... So this is completely possible, if you're running a cued show.
Is it a linear show, so that you could do this, or are you planning on building components, and busking?
If you're busking, then this would be a bit more complicated.
Just looking for a creative work around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back