how can i replicate this?

withapict

Im looking at trying to put together 4-8 moving head fixtures and this effect would be one of the effects I would like to produce. I would assume this is a martin mac 2k but is there an option I can look at when considering other lights that could produce a similar effect?
Any suggestions?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bMoWpT1pdE&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Mac 2k, Mac700, VL3000, VL3500, MacIII, Alpha Spot.... the list goes on.

The Mac2k features are the typical features for any "top line" fixture on the market. Call your rental house, see what the have, see what you can afford, get that fixture.

If you are purchasing fixtures, do the same thing.

While not an exact replication, a S4 with a filmFX unit might have a similar effect. You can use a multi-colored split gel to make the various colors up there. That is a really cool effect, will have to remember that one.

is ZOOM a must feature when looking at something along these lines? does the mac 700 have zoom? I did not see it listed, anyway from hat vid link earlier posted any other features needed or suggestionswould be great. Espicially how many it loosit would take.

Is there that much diference in output btween the 700 ank 2k?

the distance would vary. ive seen some knock off martins for sale on ebay for 750-2000. would it be a bad idea to test out some features using one of those like shown?
575 watt 575W Moving Head 12Channels DMX Spot 575 HMI PRISM - eBay (item 230457682078 end time May-03-10 07:14:29 PDT)
1200 watt
Moving Head Spot Light - 1200 watt - 16 ch w/IRIS - eBay (item 130383055486 end time May-13-10 19:25:10 PDT)
would any try or has anyone tried one.

They are knockoffs, so generally much worse than the real thing. Dont buy them, unless you have zero other choices (including using some conventionals). Getting knockoffs is in my mind one of the bigger issues facing the entertainment industry at the moment... Check out the LN thread on the topic if you want more info on various people's opinions on that... Mine sounds nice and tame. Plus, its probably cheaper to rent the real unit than buy a bunch of fakes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back