Mixers/Consoles How do you turn on the "post fade monitor" setting on a LS9 Yahmaha sound system?

Ah. Well that sounds similar to fixing my problem. Sorta. So if it's recalled safely, none of my commands such as mixing will change?

I'm not convinced you've gotten it yet...

I suggest you go and read that section of the manual a couple of times and then go and do something else for a while and let it percolate through the back of your mind for a few hours and then read it again.

Once you've done that, drop back with some questions and be prepared to have a play on the console once your Governor's speech is over and you have lesser risks...

Sounds to me like the best ways to give the director a send would be:

From the mono bus (you have to route the channels or group buses to the mono bus, and patch the mono bus to an Omni Out). The director's mix will have the same blend that is in the house mix (though it may not always sound like it).

From a Matrix. This makes sense if you are using group buses (lead actors, chorus, strings, woodwinds, brass, keys, etc.), as you can give the director a dedicated mix without having to make so many adjustments as if you used a post-fade aux mix.

If you were on the opposite boarder of Ohio, I might cruise over and help out. Oh well.

I have to agree with TimmyP1955, if you'r just sending your director a feed off ur mains I think your best bet is to softpatch the Omni Out your monitor is in to a free matrix, and then do a matrix send off your mains (Stereo Bus). You can set the level and then forget about it because the monitor level will stay where it is in relation to your mains.

From what I remember off the top of my head, select the channel you want to modify, then use the arrows to select the monitor feed, then hit the enter key. I 'think' that will take you to the screen to switch it to pre or post fade. I had to do that last week for a setup, but I can't remember clearly the steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back