Control/Dimming How to control fading via MIDI?

Greetings! I'm new here, but I've been reading through the forums for awhile now and have found them to be a wealth of knowledge. Now that I'm facing some lighting challenges I haven't been able to solve from reading on here, I figured it's time to sign up.

Here's my issue; I cannot figure out how to slowly fade out halogen CAN lights in and out via Midi control. I run a show that uses a back track synced to midi. The back track is running off of Ableton Live on my laptop. On Ableton, I have a MIDI track running and automating our lighting rig. (This was a recent idea for the show) We still have some special lights manually ran, but I've automated the majority of our rig to a custom made midi set run off the laptop. Now though I'm baffled on how to slowly fade these lights in out via midi control. It seems like it's either full on or nothing, I can't seem to get it to fade.

Gear is a Stage Setter 8 for lighting board, ran to a normal dimmer pack that runs to the rig. The stage setter 8 manual has not been of much help. And again I'm running ableton to send the Midi signal to the stage setter 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back