I need a few sheets of very lite frost.

BillESC

Before the fire, Apollo made AP1200 Early Morning Frost with a transmission of 79.9%. I need 3 or 4 sheets of any thing close by the first week of October. Anyone?

Bill, Do you have any frost(s) in stock? In a pinch, if you have a heavier one try spraying it with a clear lacquer on the frost side. Experiment w/heaviness of the spray or different spray brands. (Mount in your instrument(s) with the sprayed side away from the lens.) We've done this w/ 2kW lekos & it works pretty well.

Syracuse Scenery and Stage Lighting normally stocks Rosco 132. Call them, 800-453-7775, I get things to my part of Virginia in two days with normal shipping.

Last edited:
I would think that Backstage in RVA would be able to supply you. It's been a few years since I've been down there though.

R132. If you're ever tempted to use the even more subtler R140, just drop the gel on the ground a couple of times and you'll get the same effect.:rolleyes:

I've written before re: the historical "trendiness" of adding frost to every ERS. When the 360Q ruled, R114 was de rigeur. The Source Four begat R119. Currently consensus is split between R132 and R140 (see above).
GAM once made a line of ten frosts in a range of aggression from 10-10 to 10-90. I remember wanting to try 10-30 in a followspot, but don't think I ever did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back