Import an edited CSV patch back into ION

I have exported the patch in the offline Nomad to a CSV. I edited the patch, adding channel labels, etc.. But I can't figure out how to import the patch back into the show file. I'm much faster in Excel than editing each channel individually within the editor. I don't have Lightwright and don't have a need for it now.
What could be a workaround for importing just the patch and related information back into the show file?

Kevin

I have exported the patch in the offline Nomad to a CSV. I edited the patch, adding channel labels, etc.. But I can't figure out how to import the patch back into the show file. I'm much faster in Excel than editing each channel individually within the editor. I don't have Lightwright and don't have a need for it now.
What could be a workaround for importing just the patch and related information back into the show file?

Kevin
FYI, with some help from the FB EOS users group, I figured this out. I started with some patched instruments to establish the file format. Then exported from Nomad in Lightwright format. Turns out that's a tab-delimited file, which Excel opens just fine. Edited that file, saved in the same format, and then easily imported the patch and labels and other notes back into Nomad. Worked like a charm.

FYI, with some help from the FB EOS users group, I figured this out. I started with some patched instruments to establish the file format. Then exported from Nomad in Lightwright format. Turns out that's a tab-delimited file, which Excel opens just fine. Edited that file, saved in the same format, and then easily imported the patch and labels and other notes back into Nomad. Worked like a charm.

Just as a thought, you can do a great bit of editing of the assorted labels and text columns directly in patch. You can as example, select addresses or channels in a group, press label, do a partial edit, the select smaller group and continue the editing. Might save you the hassle of exporting, editing in Excel and re-importing.

And as BTW, Lightwright is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back