Control/Dimming Ion DMX address disabled

Hello

We have been having issues with trying to patch some of our DMX address on our Ion this week. For example I tried to patch our house lights (401 thru 427) to 401 but only 410 would come up.
I have done About on the rest of the address and found it say DMX disabled but output is at Full.

I can only assume that since the DMX line says disabled is causing it not to work.
Does anybody know how this gets disabled and more importantly how to enable it?

The show file was not started from new, it was loaded by the assistant LD earlier this week.

Thanks in advance!

Hello

We have been having issues with trying to patch some of our DMX address on our Ion this week. For example I tried to patch our house lights (401 thru 427) to 401 but only 410 would come up.
I have done About on the rest of the address and found it say DMX disabled but output is at Full.

I can only assume that since the DMX line says disabled is causing it not to work.
Does anybody know how this gets disabled and more importantly how to enable it?

The show file was not started from new, it was loaded by the assistant LD earlier this week.

Thanks in advance!

Just to clarify some of the steps you've taken:

- In Patch, you pressed Format to list by Address (as opposed to default By Channel as first column) and then patched addresses (dimmers) 401 thru 427 to Ch 401 ("401, thru, 427, at, 401, Enter"). Can you verify in patch that those addresses are patched to those channels and that they are set as dimmers in type ?.

- Have you tried an Address check ?. You can call an address from Live, Pressing SoftKey 2 recalls addresses. If you test the addresses does anything energize ?.

- Are you seeing these house dimmers energized from any other console or control system ? - I.E. can you verify that the dimmers are functioning ?.

- Have you tried Parking those addresses at a level ?. Or possibly are they Parked at Zero ?. "Park, Park" gets you to the Park screen. Parked at a level of zero would not allow them to come on. Pressing "Address, at, Enter, Enter", clears all parked addresses.

Last edited:
Also, have you checked that those addresses have an "interface" enabled. Under patch, in the CIA there is the interface button, select which type of interface you are using: LDMX, ACN or DMX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back