Ion syntax question

BRosen

im trying to write a Q on the ion and im having a weird problem

im trying to put an up time of 2 down time of 5 with a delay of 2 on the uptime. for some reason i cant get the board to just delay the uptime.

i am able to put a delay on JUST the downtime, but when i try to do the same for just the uptime it puts the delay on both. im guessing i have a syntax issue that i just havent tried.

anyone?

Yea the manual doesn't do a great job describing how to do this. The easiest way is probably in two steps. First, set the timings of the cue with no delay times.

<CUE> ## [TIME] [2] [TIME] [5] [Enter]

Then, go back and do the delay. You need to insert another DELAY command the same way you did for TIME. So:

<CUE> ## [DELAY] [2] [DELAY] [0] [Enter]

You'll notice that the second press of the DELAY key reads Down Delay on the command line. If it doesn't, continue to hit DELAY until it does. You can also set delays for specific parameters (Focus, Color, Beam) in this way, but that's probably beyond the scope of what you need.

Yea the manual doesn't do a great job describing how to do this. The easiest way is probably in two steps. First, set the timings of the cue with no delay times.

<CUE> ## [TIME] [2] [TIME] [5] [Enter]

Then, go back and do the delay. You need to insert another DELAY command the same way you did for TIME. So:

<CUE> ## [DELAY] [2] [DELAY] [0] [Enter]

You'll notice that the second press of the DELAY key reads Down Delay on the command line. If it doesn't, continue to hit DELAY until it does. You can also set delays for specific parameters (Focus, Color, Beam) in this way, but that's probably beyond the scope of what you need.
bingo. thank you, i knew it would be something super simple.... it was driving me nuts. thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back