ION to unconventional LED's

No problem, I have spent more time than I can remember in front of an Ion... let me know what happens... and if it does not work I will throw out some other ideas. I dug up the ETC Eos family software on my laptop (have not used it in a long time) so I can look at a near similar view of what you are on your console here on my computer. Hope you get it worked out... Good Luck!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

The LEDs are working! I ended up patching them in as dimmers instead of trying to find a profile that would work with them. They're working and happy and so am I.

Thanks for all your help.

I'm glad you were able to get some control. Today, I'm using some Venue brand DJ lights from a guitar store on my Ion. I didn't see a profile for them, and the first LED Par profile I tried didn't work. I tried the ColorBlast6 profile and it works. I've built custom profiles in the past, but I didn't have much time this morning, so I'm glad I tried the different profiles first.
If you have time maybe you'll find one that works- like the above mentioned Optima one.

I really prefer to patch fixtures with profiles, as I'm addicted to the Ion's 'ML Controls' Moving Light Virtual Control Display !!
It's NOT just for Movers, either, as I use it with Luma Panels(14 circuits), Kino Flo's(8 circuits), Coops & Space Lights ( 6 circuits).

Contact the manufacturer for profiles? I know we email profiles for all of our units.

My technique for finding a match in the existing library is to install the offline editor and search the Fixture Release Notes PDF that is bundled in the package for profiles with the same number of parameters, and then further refine it to by examining the DMX map. A lot of fixtures these days are made by the same factory on the same day with the same parts and slightly different branding.

To be completely honest, I have script that converts the PDF to a spreadsheet, imperfectly, that can be more readily searched and filtered. From time to time I build a new spreadsheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back