Irradiant VPF 1500

wolfman005

At the theater I just got hired as an LD, they have a Irradiant VPF 1500. Not something I wanna use, but the usual no budget rule applies. When I first plug it in, a blue LED on the back and the pump flash in unison. The heater may be flashing too, because when I took it home to troubleshoot it further all of my lights flashed...pump shouldn't pull that much power should it?
The heater is not heated up yet so it just squirts fluid all over the stage. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem may be. It has a timer remote, a wireless remote, and DMX. It does this weird flash pattern no matter what is connected. At first I thought it might be a self purge system of some sorts but it does it no matter how long I leave it plugged in for.
My thought is something in the Logic board is dead. I poked around on the inside a tiny bit and it doesn't look like anything is melted, burnt, wires crossed or anything obvious like that.
Here is a link to a picture of it but I haven't been able to find any other internet sources on it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Aaron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back