is 240v spotlights to dmx possible?

ive got freestyler open, i open the thing where you turn the light on and off.. like 0-255 and i put it to 255 and the light lights up but not very bright? but then if i keep making it go from 0-255 like sliding it it flickers really bright unbright...

if i go onto the show all panels button... and if i put the slider to 100% its not very bright but if i slide it to 22% it goes very bright... which is what i want?

Did you install the FTDI drivers?
It looks like it's a standard "Open DMX" device, so in your software there should be something like that. In freestyler it'd be Enttec Open DMX I believe.

right im in freestyler..
if i go onto the show all panels button... and if i put the slider to 100% its not very bright but if i slide it to 22% it goes very bright... which is what i want?

right im in freestyler..
Sounds like you got the interface working, you just need to learn freestyler.

100% should be full brightness. What fixture are you using? PAR Can on a dimmer? LED fixture? It's possible that the fixture profile isn't the correct one or the fixture is addressed incorrectly.

Also possible that you have reverse polarity on the cable between the box and the dimmer. Make sure pin 2 ends up at pin 2 and pin 3 ends up on pin 3. If you grabbed a mic cord for the test, it may be flipped. Would still work fine as a mic cord, but DMX would erratic to non-functional. Yes, if you are getting any results, the software found the com4 port.

Well im looking look to power my 240v security spotlights for my bands show...

I will have a look at the cable tonight :) i can't see it being the cable though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back