Is this ETC pricing rumor true?

I don't have any data to back this up, but it seems like Barbizon is more focused on selling whole new systems rather than a "mere" console upgrade, so maybe they only start beating the competition with the big jobs?
Possibly. My work is usually a whole system or complete inventory or both.

Maybe you can avoid it, but I see mostly packaged systems. Then the price of 2x4 troffers determines who gets the project.
We make sure that the theatre lighting is bought from a theatre dealer, not an electrical supply place. We set qualifications for the dealer - member of PLASA, in business for a number if years, etc. - and require they perform certain services with factory trained and ETCP certified technicians. No EC ever terminates the low voltage right, especially dmx to LED house lights, and really isn't up to addressing the fixtures and nodes, etc. Nailed that long ago. I want the dealer on site and making sure EC does it right. Just the redos of mounting plug boxes over the rail instead of under and not strapping conduit to lighting rails is worth it.

Barbizon NY has sold us our 2 Ions, bidding against Production Advantage, BMI, PRG, and Sensory on Long Island. No clue as to how they figure pricing and strategy as nobody knows who's bidding. Good company though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back