Jands HOG 250 Help

Hey guys I have a old Jands Hog 250 that I dug out of storage and I was looking to put it back into service . I am experiencing a couple of issues listed below and I am very curious to see what you guys think the problem may be . I have not used this desk in years and it worked fine when I put it in storage .

1. The "BIG' issue is that I can not save my shows ! It will load fixtures and allow me to patch them. When I try to save after programming the desk says it can not write to the disc and asks if I want to format . When I try to do this it says "Format Failed bad logical sector 13 . I have already replaced the disc drive thinking that might be the issue I have also tried different discs .

2. I was thinking it may need a fresh software but I am unable to find it . I went to the Jands site and downloaded the supposed software it will not load to the desk . Does anyone have a copy of the old software for the jands hog 250? Or know where I can acquire it ?

The problem could be as simple as a bad floppy disc. I have seen them fail from just sitting too long, even un-used ones. They don't seem to store well. Beyond that, I would replace the floppy drive because they fail as lubricants dry and dust gets into parts. My guess is that any, plain internal drive, with a ribbon cable interface (not USB), should work.

When I try to load the software of the Jands site it will not load into the desk . It keeps giving me a "Program not Found " notification . Does anyone have the software for a Jands Hog 250 ? Or know a site I can get a good version of it ?
Also is the jands 250 software the same as the Whole Hog 2 software ?

t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back