Jands Vista/Dimmer Pack Addressing

Hello everyone. I apologize for the greeness of this post but I have a dilemma. I have just starting taking on lighting and have a very basic question. Here are the tools I am working with.

Console: jands vista t2
Dimmer packs: lightronics as-40d (2)

I have the lights plugged into plug one, and I am trying to patch these into the board but I am having no luck. My addressing dip switches are set on 32 on one and 64 on the other. The first dip three switches are on as well. Addressing is as follows.

Name: Dimmer
Fixture Nimber: 32
Multi patch: 1

DMX universe 1
DMX address 32
Absolute 32
Spacing 1

Thanks in advance.

For address 32 you would only need to have dip switch 6 on, and for address 64 just switch 7. Based on the manual for the AS40d, the first three dip switches control dimming mode versus relay mode (switches 1 and 2) and a "chaser" mode; I would expect that you would want all three of these in the off position.

I have never used a T2, so forgive me if this is a silly question, but is there anywhere in patch where you need to tell universe one to actually output on physical connector one, or is that default behavior?

Best,
John

I have never used a T2, so forgive me if this is a silly question, but is there anywhere in patch where you need to tell universe one to actually output on physical connector one, or is that default behavior?
The T2 should default to outputs 1-4 as universes 1-4, but you can always double check your connect universes window (patch -> connect universes) to ensure that the port you're using is assigned to the universe that you want to use for your fixtures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back