Jointmaker Pro

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
A new kind of table saw!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new kind of table saw!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its a very interesting idea, although to me it would fit more into the average home handyman (or woman) than the theater professional. since it can't really cut anything too thick. another thing what happens if you have a really long peice of lumber you have to cut a few inches off? your no longer moving the saw, but moving the large stick.

Not saying it shouldn't be used. It would be great for our scenic designer since he loves to use wood rather than poster board and other lightweight items to produce his models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind - I just saw the price. Wow.

For 400 bucks more you can get a saw stop saw. This is one of those things for someone who builds custom furniture and has more time on their hands then they know what to do with. From the looks of it, its nothing more then a jap saw mounted to a table.

Also at $35 a blade, replacement blades are not cheap, and they don't look user sharpenable to me...

For 400 bucks more you can get a saw stop saw. This is one of those things for someone who builds custom furniture and has more time on their hands then they know what to do with. From the looks of it, its nothing more then a jap saw mounted to a table.
they can do similar things but
Footer that's a bit of an apple to oranges comparison. You wouldn't buy the jointmaker pro instead of a table saw or table saw instead of a joint maker pro. Sure they can do similar things but at the end of the day are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back