LED CYC Lighting

The color force 72 is pretty old, but it still does a dang good job of lighting a cyc, from very close(1 foot away) and has great control of spill because it is so narrow. It's still kind of pricey, and not really good for much else.

The showline is a really nice fixture, it may not be the best at any one thing but it is really versital as a cyc wash, boarder light, foot light and eye candy light.

And Inexpensive to boot. The default is a 60 degree angle, but I think they offer a 30 degree lens as well.

I demoed and then bought and installed a number of Altman Spectra Cyc 50's, bicolor white, in a small TV studio I designed the lighting rig for in the basement of Widener Library at Harvard. I was really impressed with the even throw top to bottom, though it was only about a 10' throw. These are really the only game out there that I can find. We had an issue with one unit dying right away, but otherwise they've done a great job. I'm speccing them again for another studio I'm designing at New England Sports Network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back