Automated Fixtures LED Cyc Strip Lights

Hello,
The highschool that I currently am working for is looking to purchase a new LED cyc strip light. Our cyc is 54 feet across and 25 feet high. I dont know about our budget yet but I think that we aren't gonna get a budget of anything more than $6000 for this purpose. By getting a new cyc light, we are hoping to decrease our electricity bills and replace our 30 year old conventional cyc lights. Anyone have any suggestions on any good LED cyc strip lights?

Our Theater is equipped with ETC Eos Ti and ETC Ion control consoles. We're about to demo our final two candidates before purchasing LED Cyc lights for our 30' H x 50' W white plastic RP. They are the Philips Showline 640/660 and the Philips Selecon PL1 Cyc. Looking forward to seeing how both these fixtures deal with distance, array and especially height coverage. Our Theater offers flexible hang for rentals but over the years have stuck with standard hang positions for both overhead and Ground cycs.
We've demo'd ETC, Colorforce and Altman Spectra Cyc units, all have their good qualities, none have yet blown me away.
We're replacing 2k Altman Ground cyc (8 @ 3 circuit x 2 cell) and 1k Altman Far Cyc (8 @ 3 circiut x 1 cell) and have legacy clients that will need to match cyc colors from years past. Has anyone used either or both of these fixtures and can comment?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back