LED Dimmer pack

snyder68

Hey guys, I am looking for a dimmer pack that can be used for LED strip lights. They are dimmable but when at 0 they still "ghost" a bit. Anyone have any success with certain ones that won't do that?

Most dimmers misbehave if they are loaded under 50 watts per channel. Many dimmers misbehave with LED loads. Put both together and there will be problems. As suggested above, a nice 100 watt incandescent bulb loaded on the channel and hidden out of view will usually fix things. There are some newer packs out that say they work with LED loads. Maybe. But the bulb (err... Lamp, sorry Derek!) is by far the cheapest way to go.

Most dimmers misbehave if they are loaded under 50 watts per channel. Many dimmers misbehave with LED loads. Put both together and there will be problems. As suggested above, a nice 100 watt incandescent bulb loaded on the channel and hidden out of view will usually fix things. There are some newer packs out that say they work with LED loads. Maybe. But the bulb (err... Lamp, sorry Derek!) is by far the cheapest way to go.

Not build or lamp, its a bottle. Anyone who worked electrics in the 1960s knows that.

Reactions: JD
I have done that in the past but for this application I don't want to add a light to it as it will be right in the middle of the stage. If I used a normal conventional, the bulb has to be in to work and draw that little bit of power correct?
does not need to be a light it could be a heater or some device that will not be damaged by a dimmer.
whatever it is just twofer it into the dimmer and cable off to some place out of sight

Cute little things! I have never had the opportunity to try one or take one apart, but I suspect they are some form of R/C circuit. I have tried building R/C filters in the past but it has been very hit-or-miss. The 2000 ohm rating sure sounds like a bleeder resistor is in there, but my R/C tries always ended up with a much lower ohm-age and threw more heat. Probably something else in there like a diac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back