Control/Dimming LED Setup Controller Help Needed. Please and Thank You

Mowgli

Awhatup Control Booth aficionados.

I’m having difficulty programming our lighting setup.

Here are the products I am using.
Venue Magic DMX+AVI
VenueMagic DMX+AV 2.5
X-Bubble CW 600k LEDs (about 150 of them)
Home - Acclaim Lighting
X-Bubble Driver PCB (48 port)
Home - Acclaim Lighting
and finally
XB-R1 Setup Controller
Home - Acclaim Lighting

So I do not have any experience with lighting. I am mainly a marketing guys with a knack for Marketing and computers.

So there is a dongle that goes from USB to the DMX IN on the driver board (we have 6 of them). The transformer which powers the Driver is wired correctly and when I plug in one of the X-Bubble LEDs it flashes rapidly.

I have the Setup Controller and have no idea how to use it or what option I am going for. I need to set up the driver boards so that I can control them and give them different lighting cue via the VenueMagic program and the DMX IN/Dongle.

Options:
Setup No Answer
Setup With Answer
DMX Controller

If you guys could advise I would be extremely grateful.

Goals:
Allow each of the 6 boards to receive my lighting cues via VenueMagic and have the LEDs availabel for me to help.

Awhatup Control Booth aficionados.

I’m having difficulty programming our lighting setup.

Here are the products I am using.
Venue Magic DMX+AVI
VenueMagic DMX+AV 2.5
X-Bubble CW 600k LEDs (about 150 of them)
Home - Acclaim Lighting
X-Bubble Driver PCB (48 port)
Home - Acclaim Lighting
and finally
XB-R1 Setup Controller
Home - Acclaim Lighting

So I do not have any experience with lighting. I am mainly a marketing guys with a knack for Marketing and computers.

So there is a dongle that goes from USB to the DMX IN on the driver board (we have 6 of them). The transformer which powers the Driver is wired correctly and when I plug in one of the X-Bubble LEDs it flashes rapidly.

I have the Setup Controller and have no idea how to use it or what option I am going for. I need to set up the driver boards so that I can control them and give them different lighting cue via the VenueMagic program and the DMX IN/Dongle.

Options:
Setup No Answer
Setup With Answer
DMX Controller

If you guys could advise I would be extremely grateful.

Goals:
Allow each of the 6 boards to receive my lighting cues via VenueMagic and have the LEDs availabel for me to help.

I just read through both manuals, and there really isn't any better way to explain the process than what they spell out. Where are you getting stuck at?

By the way, this is a very ambitious project for someone that has little experience in dmx fixtures and lighting programming....Kudos to your ambition!

Jawbone

And my second thought, better than me walking you through the process text message by text message, why not just call Acclaim Lighting ( 1 (323) 213-4626 ) in L.A. and have them walk you through the process in one shot. Save the time and and call their tech division and an hour later you've got control of your lights.

Jawbone
Excellent Advice Giver

I am in the process of programming the LEDs with Acclaim. Thank you for so much for your help Jawbone.

I'm trying to cue the lights via VenueMagic and having no luck accessing them even after programming the lights as SetUp with answer.

Womp :'(

Ok, VenueMagic.

Have you made a fixture profile for the X-Bubble? If not, you will need to, to get control of the X-Bubble. Video Tutorial 2 on there site talks briefly about it. And Chapter 3 of the manual walks through the process of building a fixture profile for VenueMagic.

Have you gotten this far?

Jawbone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back