LED Striplights around $500 or less?

Sayen

Hi,

For a small touring group I have been sending out some Chauvet Colorstrips and a few Colorstrip minis. For the price ($180ish) they were perfect when the group started, and are bright enough to be useful in daylight, but they're pretty cheaply made and just don't last. We have some money in the budget this year for some upgrades, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions based on experience. I've been browsing manufacturer websites, but those don't give you a great feel for the actual quality of the fixture.

Under the $500 mark I know most are not going to last forever, and won't match conventionals. I'm mostly looking for an easy flash and trash, and the group likes the strip light appearance over PARs or other designs. I need to stick with LED for power reasons, and I need something that can survive being bounced around a bit.

The colordash batten tri's from Chauvet are pretty good and hold up well. Also, Elation has a unit that is just above that $500 price tag that would do well. How many would you be looking to pick up?

I think they're looking for around 10 fixtures, maybe growing and adding to the collection over time. They're already running a handful of (Coemer?) LED PARS, and driving the entire setup with some sort of DJ board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back