Lighting a fire...under my Le Maitre G300

I am running a Le Maitre G300 Hazer/Fogger. Im new to the space and had heard that this fogger had a heating issue (after turned on it continuously shows the three blinking lines on the display screen). After plugging it in I found this to be true. This is an older model and I would like to get my hands in and see if there is something I can do to fix the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start? Thanks!

First off, welcome to the booth. Stop by the new members forum and introduce yourself.
I've never worked with a G300, but on the G3000 the problem is almost always the remote/display that plugs into that back. Once, we did complete open heart surgery on a remote and spliced a conductor on the ribbon cable with a button we "installed" into the side to make it work, but we usually sent them back to Le Maitre/ Ultratec for repair. It seems that the "repair" is to send you a new one (That I imagine we paid for).
Hopefully you have access to another working unit and can try swapping the remotes. If you decide to tear into the remote be careful and if it helps on the G3000 the buttons are all momentary.

1st place I would start if you haven't already would be to flush the system with distilled water and make sure the heat exchanger is not so gummed up it just cant reach optimum temp.

Fill an empty fog fluid bottle with distilled water and use that in conjunction with air if your unit uses it...
Couldn't remember off hand if the G300 had air assist but helps push the crap through if it does....

Run the whole bottle threw,
if it's a really old machine you may need a fine piece of wire
to CAREFULLY poke in the end of the nozzle
to loosen little chunks as they come out.

But once again be Careful... I've cleaned alot of foggers in my time

And have had my hand burned by the steam held under pressure
By the little chunk of crap stuck in the nozzle
Even though I had turned the pump off

I am running a Le Maitre G300 Hazer/Fogger. Im new to the space and had heard that this fogger had a heating issue (after turned on it continuously shows the three blinking lines on the display screen). After plugging it in I found this to be true. This is an older model and I would like to get my hands in and see if there is something I can do to fix the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start? Thanks!
For those who stumble across this thread. These units were one of the first to run a stacked sandwich heat block.. The heating block has 2 element coils and 2 vaporisation coils, a thermal probe and a safety over heat microswitch. Check the microswitch is still attached with the spring lever and in the closed position. Check all leads are still attached and the thermal probe is fully inserted into the block by pulling out the insulation on the side inspecting then reinserting the insulation. To check power is getting to the coils simply put a multi-meter to the coil connectors following good electrical trades procedures of course. That will diagnose if the problem is with the heat block or controller section. If the power is getting to the heat block then you need to disconnect both upper and lower coils (all wires to the heat block) and do a continuity check, both top and bottom coils should have about the same reading, if either of both are zero the coils are dead. Reassemble all connections checking they are firmly attached. Next move to the controller section, remove the covers and check all earth/ground wires are connected to the case post, check the onboard fuses are intact with a visual and better continuity check. After a thorough visual check you're probably at your limit and need to seek pro level support. These units are the Ferrari of the industry and come with Lada level support and information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back