Lighting Help

HBKHBK

Alright i'm pledging a frat and part of my initation task is that I need to control the lights at our parties. So I was wondering if any of you guys know of any good site to learn all about DMX moving head lighting and how to control them. Also do you know any easy to use free downloadable lighting programing/simulation softwear. I can get any type of light becuase one of the brothers owns a company so he can get it for me. Anyways if anyone can help that would be great!! I love concert lighting and i'm happy I recieved this "pledge mission" so i can learn. Thanks!!

Checkout ESPVision(.com)

Wonderful and powerful pre-visualization software. And not that you'll be using a Hog III to control DJ lighting.. but this should give you the basic ideas of how DMX, intelligent lighting works.

You can download a full fledged lighting board for free from www.chamsys.co.uk. It takes a good bit of effort to learn a board (you may want to consider something simpler like My DMX). You will also need a dongle to connect from USB to the DMX512 world.

Tim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back