Lighting Process Instructional Videos

Smatticus

I have created a series of five videos providing a comprehensive look at the process of lighting a theatrical production. The 2008 Norwich High School Musical Club production of My Fair Lady is the example used to explain the process. In the first section I talk about what lighting design is and I introduce basic lighting documentation. In the second section I talk about how to analyze a script and how the scenery affects the lighting. In the third section I talk about how to get from the script analysis to the lighting paperwork, in other words, how to develop the layout of the lighting equipment. In the fourth section I talk about how to implement the design. In the fifth and final section I talk about what the result of the design is and I review photos from the production of My Fair Lady.

I created this set of videos quite some time ago but I have never shared it with the community here. I am sharing this in the hope that it might benefit those of you out there who are just getting started in lighting, or know someone who wants to get started in lighting. I am not sure how interesting these will be to you if you are very experienced in theatrical lighting. I realize that it is a long set of videos but I have also provided the exact time into each video where each topic is discussed in case you want to skip ahead. I welcome constructive feedback if you have any!

The videos can be found at;
MattGrenier.com The Process of Lighting a Show

Thanks for the link, good looking stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back