Lightronics AR-1202

IsaacB

I am currently preparing for a performance and am having some issues with the Lightronics AR-1202 dimmer installed in our building. The dimmer frequently fails to respond to DMX inputs, usually on a daily basis. I have tried a Lightronics console and a USB-DMX adapter and both have failed to make the unit respond. I usually have no issues turning channels up to full intensity, but almost always have to cut power to the dimmer to shut them off, as the dimmer will not respond to either a blackout command or manually pulling all the channels down to 0. Also, there is one channel on the dimmer that, when turned up, causes the dimmer to emit a loud humming noise that sounds like simple 60Hz hum. Turning the channel back down to 0 at the controller or switching it off at the dimmer does not resolve the issue. Power to the dimmer must be cut. The dimmer is rated for 2.4Kw/channel and 28.8Kw total, and is fed with a 100A 120/208 three-phase circuit. Each channel is loaded to 750W, well below the limits. Has anyone experienced issues like these? I'm not sure where to go from here.

Your best bet to to give Lightronics a phone call. Even before I became a dealer, I found their tech support to be outstanding. I've installed several of these and any problems have been easy to resolve, although I've never run into this one. Does the dimmer intensity display on the front panel follow your DMX input signal? Also make sure all dimmers are set for (D)immer and not (R)elay mode. For how long has it been installed?

Have you tried connecting straight to the dimmer direct from the board without anything else connected? it could be that a remote processor or something else is on the network/ loop even a network switch going bad could cause a competing or distorted signal.

That module supports scenes and time based events. Is it possible that there is a scene recorded into the rack that you're not aware of thats holding the lights?
Manuals here:
http://www.lightronics.com/manuals/ar1202rtcm.pdf

Definitely give Lightronics support a call if none of this helps...
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back