Design Lightwright 5 instrument schedule column widths

lefhalas

Every time I give color world a copy of my schedule to prep the show they complain because anything in the gobo column that has more than six characters uses two lines.

"And that is a waste of paper"

Any way to change the layout for the schedule or get the worksheet to print broke down by position without repeating position for each fixture?

Thanks

IAP

Every time I give color world a copy of my schedule to prep the show they complain because anything in the gobo column that has more than six characters uses two lines.

Any way to change the layout for the schedule or get the worksheet to print broke down by position without repeating position for each fixture?

Thanks

IAP

Yup, first I would suggest going to the file menu and doing a "Save Layout As" so that you don't change the default layout. I would also suggest saving it in the shared folder so that you can use it easily with any LW file you open. Then click on the layout tab at the bottom of the worksheet window. From this tab you can edit layouts for most types of paperwork and reports. Select the type of paperwork you want to edit from the Paperwork menu. Then using the options in the Attribs and Layout Menus you can change the paperwork around. You can select what columns to show and you can change the column widths, change fonts, sizes, etc.

Changing column widths is just like doing it in Excel, just hover your mouse over the column dividers until it changes to a sizing indicator and then click and drag.

Thanks

IAP

Very easy. Click the Layouts tab at the bottom left of Lightwright and select Instrument Schedule from the Paperwork menu up top. For the break down by position without repeating for each fixture thing, go to Layouts -> Options and change the radio button under "Position" from "Column" to "Title".

While you're there, spend some time playing with the Layouts. Layouts in LW are designed to be completely flexible. You can go to Layout -> Body Columns to change what columns show up in that paperwork. You can also drag columns around to change the order, or drag them to the trash symbol in the upper left to remove them. If you check the Custom Column Widths checkbox in the upper left, you can drag the size of the gobo column to be larger or smaller. Turn on Show Column-Edge Guidelines up there as well to see the lines between columns better. You can also change the font style and size of everything, the lines (or lack thereof) that divide columns and rows, the header at the top of the first page, the format and arrangement of show title/personnel, and pretty much anything you could ever want to change.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Too slow, Alex beat me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back