Looking For A New(er) Analog Lighting Board

...Our school is getting a new ETC Element board with an analog-DMX converter.
You want a DMX-to-analog (or more likely a DMX-to-AMX) converter. Such things are always specified as <what the console speaks>-to-<what the dimmers want>, the same as the signal flow.

Do you have any idea if your dimmers are speaking AMX or is it a 0-10v analog system. It will make a difference as to which converter you buy. You have never listed the dimmer model so we can figure it out for you. The dimmer model and control connector is important info.

I'm a big fan of the Strand Basic Palette II for schools, churches, community theaters on a small budget. Last I checked they run around $3500 for 100 channels. Get some hands on demos to see the difference in person. The two consoles are equally capable but have very different feels. I finally got my hands on an Element at my friend's theater last week and my initial reaction was MEH. While the Strand has some weird issues with higher functions, for basic operation it's much more intuitive than Element. I'll be working with the Element again this week, look for a full review of Element vs. Basic Palette in the coming weeks.

Do you have any idea if your dimmers are speaking AMX or is it a 0-10v analog system. It will make a difference as to which converter you buy. You have never listed the dimmer model so we can figure it out for you. The dimmer model and control connector is important info.

I don't know much about dimmers, but the ones we have definitely speak analog.

Here is what the sticker says on the dimmer box:

Strand Lighting
Industrial Control Equipment
CAT. NO. 6000 Series
[6029-]
120V 50A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back