Looking for an outlandish fixture

cspete

Greetings,

I work for an entertainment and architectural firm that is working on a project that requires a rather specific kind of fixture. We are looking for a 360 degree direct view transparent or translucent LED tube, that it pixel map-able, and IP65. Those being the easy requirements, we are looking for something that is either field cut-able or construct-able at minimum three inch increments. The minimum length would need to be about one foot, and the maximum would need to be about eight feet. Does anyone have any experience with any fixture of this nature? Does it even exist? If not, who should we have build these for us? Control is not too much of an issue, we just need each elements to be addressable, and not using a proprietary protocol. If it is built for video, DVI input is okay.

I have googled extensively, and have not anything meeting these requirements. I assume this means that they will have to be custom built but I thought I'd ask around. If it does need to be custom built, does anyone have any suggestions so that I don't have to email every small-medium US LED manufacturer. (That would suck).

Thank you!

Closest I can think of (which admittedly isn't very close) would be the discontinued Barco MiSphere. 5719_w400h.jpg

I'd make calls to VER, XL Video, and Creative Technology. If what you seek exists, one of them will know of it.

Could this work? Maybe you could make some clear plastic tubes for them to live in. Sounds like this is outdoors and these aren't made for the outdoors, but they might hold up with the proper enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back