Looking for tri-LED Pars with motorized zoom

I stand corrected!

However don't expect the quality of build to be very high or for them to last very long. Is it for just one production - if so is renting an option? How many are you looking to buy too? Dimming wise I imagine it'll be very steppy and I have no idea what the colours will be like. If you do go for any of the above though I'd be very interested to see some photos and a little review as to what they're like!

Cheers

Tom
I haven't gotten any yet but have decided the best thing to try imo is here:

170W LED PAR Light/ LED Stage Light (RGBA) (YS-LP3012W) - China Led Par,Led Par Light

I've been emailing with Alyssa <[email protected]> and she said they're made with good quality materials and they're built with better heat control than some lesser quality fixtures. Also she can sell them to us for under $300 including shipping. The company is closed until Feb 19 for the Chinese Spring Festival. If you get in touch with her please mention that David Harrison mentioned the fixture and her to you.

Last edited:
I wouldn't personally purchase anything from them, as they also make knock off fixtures.
I know some people don't have a problem supporting companies that steal intellectual property, I just happen to think that its wrong.
That being said, if you do purchase anything, getting parts or support may be very difficult to impossible.
Anything you purchase also will not have any sort of UL or ETL listing, Even if it is marked as such. This could cause legal issues if there ever was any sort of fire or other issue.

On a side note,
Loving the "Outdoor Moving Head Beam Light" (Sharpy Knockoff) with an IP rating of 20... That seems like a good idea..

I wouldn't personally purchase anything from them, as they also make knock off fixtures.
I know some people don't have a problem supporting companies that steal intellectual property, I just happen to think that its wrong.
. . .
(Sharpy Knockoff) with an IP rating of 20... That seems like a good idea..
Those two statements seem to conflict from my pov. In addition, since the Chinese seem to have the most advanced options for the best prices so far it seems to me that they might come up with some of the ideas first. Either way, building on ideas seems like the way things go and the way they should go. Otherwise we would all be buying par cans from whoever the original par can manufacturer was if they're still in business, and if not there might not be any new pars available at all any more.

I am not sure how my statements conflict each other.
Perhaps my sarcasm in my comment about the Sharpy knockoff did not come across.
To clarify, They are selling that fixture as an "outdoor fixture" with an IP rating of 20, And IP rating of 20 means that it is physically protected from solid objects (2) and that there is no protection against any sort of water ingress (0).

In any case,
I don't purchase any fixtures from any company that makes knockoff fixtures. However, I don't have problem with similar products.
Items like the Source 4 and the Altman Shakespeare. Both are good fixtures, and one is not a copy of the other. Another example is the Studio Color and the Mac 600.
The manufacturer you link to has an almost direct knock off of several different fixtures.

They do not have as you put it "Advanced options for the best prices". The reason they have the best prices is that they pay next to nothing for labor, And that they do not have the cost of Research and Development, Support, or complying with any sort of standards process such as UL Listing.
All of these items can cost millions of dollars to bring a single product to market. These knock off manufacturers take new fixtures and copy them as closely as possible to the original (Sometimes good sometimes very bad) and sell them at very low cost.

I have no problem with Chinese companies or manufacturing, But I do have a problem with companies that copy other manufacturers items.
There are some very high quality Chinese products out there, The iPhone in my pocket and the macbook pro I am typing on spring to mind.

Although to be honest, the Cloned equipment while a moral issue for me, is probably not my most compelling argument.

The biggest item I would worry about is the fact that the items are going to lack any sort of listing such as UL listing. I would not take a chance with my reputation by putting a piece of equipment on a show that is not certified as safe.
If there ever was a fire, or any other sort of incident, and it was determined that I was using un-listed equipment, even if it did not cause the problem, my liability insurance would likely be voided, and I would be entirely responsible for the outcome.

Of course its your money and you can do what you want, but I want to make sure that you have all the information about the decision you are making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back