Automated Fixtures Looking to buy

Toffee

We are looking to purchase some new fixtures, preferably LED since one of our spaces is not the best on available power. Currently we own Mac 301 / 101, VL 2500 and VL1100. We are looking for a 2500 equivalent but LED, not one hundred percent sure on what we might wanna look at. Our electrics are normally trimmed around 25'.

I was actually looking at the SolaSpots.

I went to an open house at Vincent Lighting yesterday, and had a chance to work with the HES SolaTheatre and SolaFrame 750. I was really impressed with their feature set. A little pricier, I am afraid, than I can do right now, but really nice lights. Since you mentioned the Sola line, thought I would respond.

For framing fixtures there's also the Mac Encore in that price range, and the Maveric Mk2 Profile at a little over half that. For spots, the Artiste DaVinci, Maveric Mk1 & Mk2 spot, and the Mac Quantum. As for washes, it's really hard to beat the Rouge R2 at it's current price.

I have used the Quantums, and they are quite nice, but haven't used any of the others, so I cant make a good comparison, however the feature set of the DaVinci looks excellent. As for output/brightness any unit with 400 or so watt LED should be comparable.

I agree with Michael. If you like VL2500s, you will love any of the fixtures mentioned, except possibly the gobos in some of the Chauvet gear, which I find to be poorer than the VL gobos (I don’t much care for the Quantum gobos either). Other than that, the Maverick spot/profiles are much better fixtures than the VL770s I also own.

BTW, my Apple device has corrected “gobos” to goals, hobos, and go is just in this post alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back