MA2 OnPC Questions

Thetechmanmac

I'm new to MA2 and have a couple of questions. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'm beginning to know my way around it.
  1. I want to know about the faders/playbacks. How do these work/what can I do with them
  2. I understand how you can assign a sequence to a button, but if I just want to assign one look to a fader how do I do that? What if I want to assign a sequence to a fader?
  3. How can I assign a fader to be my master effects speed?
If theres any other pointers you might have for a MA2 newb I'd be glad to hear them!

1) Executors can do just about anything. You can store Macros, Sequences, Masters, and probably more things I haven't discovered yet on them. Research temp faders, they are super useful.
2) Create your look hit store and tap a button associated with that executor. If you try and store a second cue in an existing sequence it will give you options asking if you want to create a second cue, merge, or over-ride cue 1.
3) The easiest way would be to assign the effect you want directly to the executor. However for punting shows I prefer to make a executor per effect type (usually position, dimmer, and color) and assign the respective effect's speed to that speed master.

My advice for a newb would be to google layouts. That was the hardest part for me when I started because MA presents you with a blank slate. In addition to designing the lighting, you design how you will control them. If you come from a desk where position presets go here and color presets go there, that can be a daunting task.

Also YouTube and the Help button are your friend.

I have actually spent a fair amount of time building my layouts the way I like. It's very convenient to be able to put things where the make sense to you. Thanks for the clarification on the executors @wolfman005 I was able to get those going.

@jxgriffi I have actually spent a lot of time on the consoletrainer youtube page and it has been immensely helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back