Mac 500 color wheel error, HELP

VL5

Hey guys, so I have Mac 500 CW error, the motor is ok, the magnet is clean and is magnetic, I also swapped out the sensor with a new one, where do I go next?

The other issue which I have found on 3 other 500's is that the prisim does the opposite of what it should when it should, for example, when the fixture is homed the prisim will be in and when i turn the prisim on it will goto the off position, I have had this issue with 3 separate fixtures

Make sure the magnet is aligning itself with properly with the sensor. If I remember correctly you and go into test then sens then gobo and it will say on or off depending on if the magent passes over the sensor. The prisim problem is usually due to a motor or driver chip going bad. It will not pull the prisim all the way out while homing. I have also had it when it goes to rotate the prisim instead the rotate motor will pull the prisim into the optical path. Also make sure the prisim and prisim rotate motors are not swapped (could also be swapped in the base)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back