Control/Dimming MagicQ Control Surface

No other control surfaces will work. You could buy the Chamsys midi connector, but you won't get full control. Chamsys went to great lengths to require the use of the their wings. And it is well worth it, the software is robust and the wings are great.

I have an Eeetop All in one PC/touchscreen computer that makes for an excellent control surface, espcially when paired with a MagicQ Wing.

I use an X-Keys Pro with MagicQ all the time. You are limited to the keyboard shortcuts that Chamsys allows through the programming keyboard mode but it is still pretty useful. The lack of faders and encoders means that it isn't much of a substitute for an actual wing but I use mine at my desk for patching and other show file prep work and offline editing so I don't have to unpack my MQ100Pro or one of my wings. I can give you my layout although you might want to make your own that best matches your needs and preferences.

There is no good way to fully implement the Enttec wings alone or even via MidiWing.

The Chamsys wings aren't that expensive in the scheme of things and are 100,000% worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back