makeup closet

Dreadpoet

I work in the education racket and just threw out 80% of our decades old mismatched makeup inventory. I am wanting to switch to just Ben Nye cream products in order make the experience more user friendly. What I am struggling with is that they have some 60 different shades of creame foundation...I am wanting to narrow that down a bit for basic skin tones and needs. I'm wanting to start with a basic stock inventory before I add some more of those 60 shades in. If you had to pick 10-12 shades of Ben Nyes foundation inventory...what would they be?

When I was teaching in Atlanta, I would say one thing... up here, I would say a complete other. However, there is one really basic rule when it comes to makeup.

Don't Share.

Get each student to purchase their own kit. Is something every actor should have. It prevents the spread of germs/bacteria that are all over everyones faces. Makeup is just a little petri dish for bacteria that can quickly spread and take out your entire cast.

So, have each student purchase a Ben Nye kit. They will each get their own brushes, sponges, colors for their skin tones, and special FX stuff. They can be found for 40-50 bucks and are a really good start to a good kit. I had one when I took makeup and it had everything I needed. They do make smaller/cheaper kits in the 15 dollar range for students that will allow them to do just a standard stage look.

proxy.php

believe me...I get this...I keep a closet for non-majors and destitute while preaching the gospel of get your own, which indeed most majors do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back