Martin MX-1 lamp issue

sclavish

Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with an old Martin MX-1. Basically the lamp, which I know is good because it works in other MX-1's, won't turn on. The troubleshooting portion of the manual is not at all helpful in this situation. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have suggestions as to what to look at next?

If it won't strike, it could be a few things... I've never worked with MX-1's much myself, but if memory serves, they're completely 'Dip Switch Set' lights... Meaning there's no LED Screen to give you feedback errors... If there are indeed any feedback sensors installed...

Check the fuses... And check the jumpers as per the manual...

Beyond that I'm going to have to bow out, and see if there are any MX-1 guru's kicking around... But if all else fails, it'll likely need to make a stop by your local Martin Authorized repair shop... Hopefully it's nothing too expensive.

Last edited:
I don't work with the MX1 ( I use 812's) that much but do work with Martin and their oddities. The MX1 uses a ELC lamp so there is no strike for this 24 volt lamp vs with Lamp in the 812.

Are you testing this stand alone? go back and not only check the Dip switchers but re set each one, you could have a switch that has gotten corroded.

These have FOUR modes of operation

Stand alone mode where DIP 10 MUST BE ON, then 1-9 select various
options and DIP 11 must be OFF REMEMBER that the setting of pin 10 ONLY works after the unit is powered on and off.
Dip 12 sets the intensity

See if you can get it to work standalone

There is single channel DMX 6 Channel DMX and 7 Channel DMX \
SO if you are trying to control this via DMX and the setting is incorrect you might simply be having a case where the lamp off signal is Being sent

It could be the power supply but MOST of the time it is the dip switches being set incorrectly.

http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile.asp?name=UM_MX1_EN_F.PDF&cat=65

Sharyn

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. The light is back at the club that owns it so i won't get a chance to check it out for a few days yet. The socket is fine, I wound up taking it out and installing it in a lamp with a bad socket so the worst case scenario they have a spare light for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back