Maxxyz Programming Questions

Hi folks,

So recently I started a gig on a cruise line and were using the maxxyz compact, Which I have never used before but it is really easy to get the hang of and I really love it. I have run into some things while programming which I can't figure out how to do and I can't seem to find the answer in the manual so maybe the forum could help me out.

Is their a park function in this software? I looked all around and could not find anything. I have some work lights I want to park on without have to use a fader or playback. Or is that the only way to accomplish it?

Secondly, I have eight fixtures and I want to create a random intensity effect across them. I did it once and forgot how to do it again. In the cv mode I hit grouping on the LCD button and hit the random button but it only selects one random fixture out of the bunch. How do I get it to sort them in a random order to apply the effect across them randomly and not in a 1 to 8 in sequential order?

I know I could go to the Martin software forum but I thought somebody might be able to help me out. Thanks in advance!!!!

Unfortunately, there isn't currently a park feature. The easiest way to accomplish this is to make a virtual play list, and set the priority on it nice and high, or to record a submaster with those lights, and put in on a bank page you aren't using.

I don't often use the grouping tools, but I'll have my board out this week pre-programming for a big show, I'll take a look. Don't hesitate to post on the martin forums, they've got a lot of experienced programmers hanging around.

On my M1, hit CV to enter the effects and grouping tools. Select the Grouping section, and press the random button that's part of the 3rd and fourth wheels. This will randomize your selection. It is a little misleading, because the programmer will still list the fixtures in numerical order, but any effect or similar usage will be spread across the fixtures in a random order. After you've randomized your fixtures, go into FX timing and set your Wave per X across the numbers of fixtures you've got. You'll see that the delay doesn't progress evenly across, but is applied in a random order. You were on the right track, you just didn't take it far enough. Compare the delay times between hitting random, and not. Just make sure you go back into FX timing and reset the wave times after youv'e changed from random to sorted order, and vice versa.

I hope that gets you there, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back