Melange Pro (BEEPING/BUZZER WONT STOP)

Joshbaugh

Hey guys,
So i am working on fixing a Melange Pro. The problem is when the console is powered up it is supposed to beep then boot. However when the console is powered up it beeps then continues to beep and It locks up and finish the boot. I have looked at internals of the console and connections are clean, I can un-circuit the buzzer, however it still wont boot completely. I would do a software reset however i am not able to accese the soft menues. Any input would be great!

Last edited:
I cant find anything physically wrong with the board, all connections are solid all buttons free, and upon visual inspection the circuit board looks clean. I have removed the circuit board bridge that controls the buzzer (so that annoying aspect has ceased). Still when switched on all the leds light up and the board shows power, however with a monitor attached i get no boot process or even signal to the monitor. I have tried a hard reset according to the manuals procedures and it has made no change.

Thanks for the input, I have put a call into Leviton and am waiting a return call from tech services.

Maybe it's showing my age, but when I see "Melange" my first thought is the Dune saga and the spice.

Maybe it's showing my age, but when I see "Melange" my first thought is the Dune saga and the spice.

Me, too! Dune is still one of my favorite Sci-Fi books (not so much the latter series, it got way to complicated)

I don't know the board but does it have battery that may be dead.

I don't know the board either, but what does it use for show and OS storage (may be the same thing or 2 different components)? You could have a dead (or somehow disconnected) whatever stores the BIOS or equivalent. As mstayor said I would also meter any internal batteries you might find... if dead/significantly off I would replace. Additionally check the power supply as an incorrect voltage or lost rail (if it uses multiple voltages) could prevent boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back