Automated Fixtures MiniMac Maestro Focus issues

HairyAz

Having trouble with one of my Martin MiniMac Maestros focusing sharply under dmx control. I pulled the glass gobo in question off the wheel to see if it had been installed incorrectly, but it matches all the others on the wheel. Then I realized, why not check all the others. Same problem. All (4) had the same problem of the fixture being able to focus them sharply. I have blown the fixture clean and wiped all the lenses with an appropriate cloth, to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

The problem is that it will not focus? When you adjust the focus do you hear the motor noise? I had this issue with a MAC250 not long ago. I posted a question (as well as the answer after I figured it out) and I'm sure you can find it by searching my previous posts. The problem ended up being the bolt that pushes the lens back and forth was stuck in the fully out position. I cleaned off the grime, turned it by hand to unfreeze it, put some lubricant on it, and all has been well since.

Now, if you do not hear the motor as you adjust the focus then it could mean that the motor is bad. If you need assistance let us know where you are located and maybe we can refer you to someone in your area.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back