My morning

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
Sooooo load in yesterday went smooth. Everything fired up fine. At the end of the night one fixture didn’t want to lamp on. We did a reset and she fired up.

This morning I walk in get my juice, don’t drink coffee, setup my table and do some little things.

Then all of a sudden we lose 1 VL and the other is turning yellow.

We swap out the non working one and get it plugged in and all we here is Zzzzzzzzzzzzzit.

We meter the plug and it’s 53 53 and 208 on the hots from the plug *sad face*

1 and 2 from the soca are good but 3 and 4 apparently aren’t.

Thank god for rehearsals.

Great start to the morning *sarcastic face*

Maybe the SOCA had a kink in it...

The clamshell was loose and I think the wires might be kinked on the bottom half. Luckily I had auras up there running L620 and the squid had 4 extras plugs.

It’s just weird it was working last night and then stopped working this morning. Although I didn’t meter it before plugging in the fixtures on load in.

The clamshell was loose and I think the wires might be kinked on the bottom half. Luckily I had auras up there running L620 and the squid had 4 extras plugs.

It’s just weird it was working last night and then stopped working this morning. Although I didn’t meter it before plugging in the fixtures on load in.

Been there, with you. Another thing I would check is if the breaker was completely switched on as do the easy first step. In this case well indicated by your voltage testing it was not the case, but still easy to test in crossing out. Well done troubleshooting.

So so done in trouble shooting as we killed a fixture before checking the voltage.

From now on it will be fixture reset, lamp check, voltage check , then swap fixtures.

In my defense the LD insisted on being in the lift and not me. Still not the point as I was MEing but I feel a little responsible for not telling him I got this.

While I was hunting down the case he had already gone up and took the fixture down sooo yeah.

LD doing his focus is fine as opposed to him walking about the stage in telling efficiency of beam focus from the shadow of his nose. Or out in the audience in trying to direct you in the lift and the person on stage (least efficient I think). Most designers would surprise you in skill. Years ago I was fixing sign for a tour Nook the LD' - current editor for PLSN was doing. We go back almost 20 years now amongst other designers. But I had just wired something up and it was having problems . His advice helped solve them in a wander by, "how ya doing" type of way checking up on the thing that was leaving soon. Nook as a designer was also a tech person before that and was excellent help when I was still new and needing it.

If the LD wants up on the lift.... support and let them

Yeah I play ME/LD so if I was LD I would prolly go up as well while he got the case if the roles were reversed.

I guess I just feel bad I didn’t catch it in time and we blew up a VL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back