Control/Dimming Need Help Recycling

Jenn

I work for a community college in Michigan and we are in the process of upgrading our lighting equipment. Does anyone know a business I could get in touch with about possibly selling our old dimmers?

It seems a shame to throw them out but I have no idea how to find someone who may need or want them. They are an older model that isn't made any more and it is impossible to get parts (which is why we're upgrading), but 115 dimmers still work. I'm hoping to find another small theatre or school who still uses the system as they may want to buy ours for the parts.

I know CB is not a forum for selling. I'm just hoping someone can point me in the direction of someone to talk to.

Thanks in advance. :grin:

Can you tell us a bit more about the dimmers you are looking to get rid of? There are several members here representing various companies and schools who might be interested.

~Kirk

In addditon to that - if you can't find any other buyer - then at the very least sell the copper from the old dimmers. My guess is that there is a large quantity of copper in them and you could get a pretty penny for that these days. Not enough to pay for replacing the old system, but at least put a dent into it.

Who makes them? Do they support DMX, or are they AMX or analog? How many are bad? Shipping costs? I might be interested in them, but I don't want to commit to anything before I know what I'm getting into.

Electronics Diversified, Inc. made the dimmers. They support DMX 512, AMX 192, CMX 512, Fiber-Link and 0-10 Volt Analog. (This is off the data sheet. We've always used them with DMX). The dimmer bank consists of 2400 watt quad dimmers (SPI 2x2). ~115 still work. We are unable to ship, so whomever purchases them would be responsible for picking them up from the college. We are located in Dearborn, MI.

If anyone has specific questions, that would help as I know little about dimmers in general and very little about these specifically as I haven't been with the college very long. Any questions you have I'll do my best to have answered.

And thank you to everyone who has had a comment or suggestion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back