Need help with HS stage lights

Lamp sockets can be refinished as with lamps for contact surfaces with about 90% work as good as new once done. ETC makes a replacement Fresnel as with Altman in the 750w more efficient range.

You are using 1Kw Fresnels? Are you using the 1KAL Altman series, over wattaged 750w normal Fresnels, or Studio Fresnels with a different G-22 lamp? What specific fixture are you using?

Needing 1K Fresnel the ask in glad you are not considering PAR Can - different animal. Clarification for more advice.

I believe Arri and Mole Richardson would each have a good LED match for 1K Fresnel. The prices might knock your socks off.

How you use them in terms of color could affect this. Lumens from a 1k fresnel with a medium to deep blue gel are probably less than an LED unit more equal to a 500 watt fresnel in white when using blue.

Might be better to determine what you need than look for a 1 to 1 match - for instance maybe 1 1/2 or 2 smaller LED units for each 1k.

Lamp sockets can be refinished as with lamps for contact surfaces with about 90% work as good as new once done. ETC makes a replacement Fresnel as with Altman in the 750w more efficient range.

You are using 1Kw Fresnels? Are you using the 1KAL Altman series, over wattaged 750w normal Fresnels, or Studio Fresnels with a different G-22 lamp? What specific fixture are you using?

Needing 1K Fresnel the ask in glad you are not considering PAR Can - different animal. Clarification for more advice.

Using 20 year old Altman 1k fresnel to create wash for choir and band concerts. Go thru lamps like crazy when I use them more frequently. It's not a matter of hours, more usage in general. I have funds available to upgrade.

ETC S4WRD line is either traditional dimming or DMX. There's a pseudo fresnel than only goes to 45 degrees. Otherwise Par types in quantity might work.

LED spots are probably your best bet. ETC Colorsource have a very good warm white for far less cash than their Luster series. They can match a S4 with a 750W lamp!

Rick's S4WRD is a great idea for quality LED lumens. The S4WRD PAR would be close to the 8" 1K I think. Maybe a third or half again as many. Acceptable mains dimming do easy retrofit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back