The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by bobbyt2012, Sep 27, 2008.

1. bobbyt2012

bobbyt2012 Member

Hi everybody,

I am only 15 years old, but I have been working sound tech in Ohio for 3 years. I found this website to be extremely useful, so I decided to join. I have worked a total of 6 Musical/Drama Productions including 5 for my Jr. High and 1 for my high school. The most difficult production I have been involved in so far was Beauty and the Beast for my High School. (We packed 24 people) I usually do sound, but I have some very minimal experience with lights. I have also worked choir concerts and band performances.
    My auditorium has an Allen and Heath GL2800 at the moment, but we are waiting on an ML3000. We use pack mics from Audio-Technica. Our main speaker system is Altec Lansing, but we have multiple secondary systems. The company that we use to make purchases and installations is SoundCom Systems.

2. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Welcome, bobbyt2012. You must be in NE Ohio, as I used to deal with SoundCom in the early 1980s.

Ask and answer. And make friends with the ControlBooth - Search Forums feature.

3. Hughesie

Hughesie Well-Known Member

Freelance Lighting Programmer/grandMA Trainer
    Also make friends with a guy about the same age as you called "dabs" (charc) sometimes its nice to have people that are around your age who understand technical issues such as theatre:mrgreen:

4. Hughesie

Hughesie Well-Known Member

Freelance Lighting Programmer/grandMA Trainer
    around the same age

15-17...pretty close
    better than 52 or something

and the joke is since you dropped dabs from your username some people have started calling you by the part you left behind (dabs) or i think derek is calling you 'ol dabs".

im just stirring you buddy, no harm in it

5. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Welcome to the booth Bobby, You are very lucky to get to start out on such excellent equipment in High School. Jump in and join the conversation, it's a great community. Speaking of which, I have to go tease a bratty kid in Australia now...

Don't worry Ol' Dabs, none of the rest of us understand Hue-Z either... must have something to do with him being upside down all the time. Most everything he posts just comes in as "blah blah blah, kangaroo, blah blah blah" on my computer. Perhaps we can get the good folks at Firefox to develop a Huggie plug in.