new theatre systems test

Triton

hello there!

i want to know what kind of test are made to new performing arts buildings, i mean after the instalation and before the opening

audio system test
stage lighting system test
rigging systems
etcetera

thanks in advance

The exact ATP will depend on the original specification. Each contractor should prove to the owner that its system functions as specified (not necessary as desired or required).

As Derek said, it all depends on what is defined in the Contract Documents to be provided. When they sign the Contract a Contractor is committing to do what is defined by or required in those documents and anything beyond that is at their discretion. And someone needs to be responsible for making sure that they do provide what is defined before the work is accepted, once it is accepted then the Contractor may effectively be released from any further commitment.

As far as specific tests, that all depends on the project. I often break my tests into three parts; tests performed before the main systems' installation starts on site (including verifying that the site is ready for installation and that all required power, space, etc. is in place), tests performed to show the tech systems are operating properly and may be considered Substantially Complete and final tests that may be required with the Owner or their representative present in order to verify that the systems perform as defined in the Contract Documents. But everyone may have their own approach.

The type of testing can also vary between or within systems. For example, on the audio side you may be able to test the coverage, frequency response, intelligibility, etc. of an installed FOH sound system but you may only be able to verify basic operation for floor monitors or portable systems that do not have fixed configurations or applications. Similar for performance lighting and rigging, you may be able to verify that every lineset and circuit works properly but perhaps not light levels or things that you might test in some other applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back