newbie from Cork, Ireland

Madhair

hi there :)

joined this to broaden my horizons and get some more ideas in regards to designing and rigging. started working in theatre about 2 years ago and must say iv fallen in love with it. most definately something i want to persue once im finished college. have exp with corporate av companies in Ireland too. looking forward to browsing and getting to know some new people too :)

Welcome to ControlBooth! It's good to hear that the theater bug is universal. I never planned on working professionally in theater, now I have a hard time thinking about doing anything else.

See you in the forums.

Welcome! From Cork hmmmmm? If I Understand correctly from my grand mother et. al, all my distant relitives are from Cork and Waterford. I'm second generation on dad's side and third on moms. Sad to say though, I've never been over myself. My claim to fame is I'm strongly related to the folks who make Powers Irish Whiskey (if they haven't sold it to somebody else by now! :)

Anyway as I said, WELCOME!

On my mom's side, I had a great-grandfather born in Cork (Lamb family), but emigrated while young. On my dad's side, we were kicked out of Scotland by the English back when the New World was where they sent fugitives (family history says that we sided a bit more with the Jacobites and did our share by stealing cattle from the English).

I, too, have never been across the pond. One of these days, I want to do a castle tour across Europe. Then again, I wouldn't mind doing a whiskey tour around Ireland and Scotland. :)

Welcome! From Cork hmmmmm? If I Understand correctly from my grand mother et. al, all my distant relitives are from Cork and Waterford. I'm second generation on dad's side and third on moms. Sad to say though, I've never been over myself. My claim to fame is I'm strongly related to the folks who make Powers Irish Whiskey (if they haven't sold it to somebody else by now! :)

Anyway as I said, WELCOME!

:D thanks! Yeah funny you say that. I have 3 friends who are in my course. 2 are brother and sister but they all share the Power name and are all from Waterford.

As far as I know my own family originate from Belfast. It was a Clann (family; but in ancient celtic terms) that was 'invited' down to Cork for the Battle of Kinsale. We lost some stragglers along the way too as iv met some Hegartys who can trace their way back to the midlands. It is name that apparently was very common in pirates. Probably explains the certain element of pure lunacy that seems to have survived to my generation at least :D

On my mom's side, I had a great-grandfather born in Cork (Lamb family), but emigrated while young. On my dad's side, we were kicked out of Scotland by the English back when the New World was where they sent fugitives (family history says that we sided a bit more with the Jacobites and did our share by stealing cattle from the English).

I, too, have never been across the pond. One of these days, I want to do a castle tour across Europe. Then again, I wouldn't mind doing a whiskey tour around Ireland and Scotland. :)

Ha a whiskey tour !?!? Sweet jaysis there's definetly Irish blood in you anyway! Don't mind your castles head straight for the pub :D Middleton whiskey here in Cork is by far one of the best. I mean at 50 quid a glass it would want to be! Jaysis I'm not on here a day and I'm already telling ye what to drink...

Yknow just drink tea.....

With whiskey..

Problem solved :D

Sent from my Nokia 3310 with the height of WAP and Tapatalk

I have to say, I am very glad that you found us. Offering up drinking advice is fine by me. I don't know if I've ever had whiskey tea. Hmm. I only have rum in the house right now (aged in oak barrels).

I also have to do a German brewery tour. :)

Well the German tour I'd be all for too. Yeah there's also whiskey in coffee. It's known as an Irish coffee. No joke :D or just whiskey with hot water is a good way to shake a cold. Another good use of drink is at Christmas with the pudding. Pouring brandy on the pudding and putting a match to it to burn the crust. Job done :D been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember :D

Sent from my Nokia 3310 with the height of WAP and Tapatalk

OK, so I've done the Irish Coffee (many a time). I don't know why I didn't think about "Irish Tea".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back