Newbie here.....

Lancester

Hello.
I am a maintenance tech & building use supervisor for Uintah School district here in Eastern Utah. I do all the lighting & sound maintenance in our many auditoriums & I also own my own sound & lighting company "second 2 none sound".

I am currently trying to find an old electro controls lighting board to purchase. We recently had one of our schools remodeled & there was some confusion with the contractors resulting in them removing & discarding the lighting board. Rather than trying to interface a newer board with the existing dimmer rack, I'd like to find a good working EC board which would plug in & get me back up & running.

Any suggestions on possible links to sources or other information would be appreciated greatly.
Lance

Welcome to CB! Great to have you here. I am moving your post to the Lighting Forum so it is posted in the proper place. Hopefully some of our members are able to help you out. Hope you enjoy your time here on CB!

~Dave

Welcome to CB! Great to have you here. I am moving your post to the Lighting Forum so it is posted in the proper place. Hopefully some of our members are able to help you out. Hope you enjoy your time here on CB!

~Dave

Thanx...:)

Hello.
I am a maintenance tech & building use supervisor for Uintah School district here in Eastern Utah. I do all the lighting & sound maintenance in our many auditoriums & I also own my own sound & lighting company "second 2 none sound".

I am currently trying to find an old electro controls lighting board to purchase. We recently had one of our schools remodeled & there was some confusion with the contractors resulting in them removing & discarding the lighting board. Rather than trying to interface a newer board with the existing dimmer rack, I'd like to find a good working EC board which would plug in & get me back up & running.

Any suggestions on possible links to sources or other information would be appreciated greatly.
Lance

Does the dimmer rack take DMX or some other proprietary form of control? Also, whats your budget?

I would want to encourage you to upgrade the board if you dont have one any more, as you get more expandability when another upgrade happens, DMX devices are purchased, etc. Also, you will gain the benefit of having students using newer technology, which is good for their education. My 2¢

Last edited:
...Rather than trying to interface a newer board with the existing dimmer rack, I'd like to find a good working EC board which would plug in & get me back up & running. ...
good
working
EC board
Sorry but those three terms just don't belong together. You'd likely have more success searching for a unicorn. ;)

If we can't dissuade you, most of the US used lighting vendors are listed here: Sources for Used Equipment - ControlBooth , but 25+ year-old equipment, from a less-than top-tier manufacturer, is seldom in demand. You also might try some of the vendors listed at Service and Repair Vendors - ControlBooth . As is stated in the other thread, a modern console, with the appropriate protocol converter for your dimmers, is probably the better course of action.

good
working
EC board
Sorry but those three terms just don't belong together. You'd likely have more success searching for a unicorn. ;)

If we can't dissuade you, most of the US used lighting vendors are listed here: Sources for Used Equipment - ControlBooth , but 25+ year-old equipment, from a less-than top-tier manufacturer, is seldom in demand. You also might try some of the vendors listed at Service and Repair Vendors - ControlBooth . As is stated in the other thread, a modern console, with the appropriate protocol converter for your dimmers, is probably the better course of action.

This school is just a K-8 so all they need is something real basic as far as a board. The dimmers are the old EC "quad" dimmers shown on the righ side of this link....

Johnson Systems Inc.

Hello from a local Utahan! If the racks have the DMX input (looks like the PSR module in the photos in the link you provided), then you should be able to just drop in any modern console and make things work. In that case there are plenty of consoles on the market that would probably fit the budget and your needs. You might also try contacting GTS here in Salt Lake City, I believe they are a Johnson Systems dealer and they may be able to help you out.

Also, if you are ever in the SLC valley and want to talk shop, or want to see a show at PTC, give me a holler!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back