No hands on the Halogens...

My school theater, we changed a couple lamps in some S4's and the lamp had a couple of huge glass bubbles coming off the side. Plus the glass was black, blue, green, brown. All those colors and the weirdest thing I've seen from a light. Of course, now I'm telling all the new techs to not touch the glass of the lamps anymore.
It's funny because one fresnel we have did the opposite and instead of the lamp dying, the reflector on the inside basically imploded. Not sure what happened.

If you're really adventurous (and have the extra cash), you could grab youself one of these: Best Seat Lamp Insertion Tool, for HPL Lamps

My favorite burnouts were the FEL lamps for the old Berkey-Colortran units. Nice coloration in the burnouts and you could almost check the fingerprints on the lamp the way it would burn.

We have a bulb that someone put in with bare hands, it exploded right where there finger was in a perfect circle it turned some really cool colors and looks really dangerous. I'm thinking of mounting it on our wall with a warning sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back