Obsession II light board

We really like the new, to us anyway, Obsession 2 that we have installed.

Wondering if anyone knows of a place where we might be able to obtain an RFU for this board. Also, did they may a wireless RFU for it?

Board sits in the booth which is in the back and up from the house and it would be nice to be able to control the channels from down in the house during focus.

Thanks for all your help
Jim

The wired remote is the option you want. The wireless unit, which used a Compaq iPaq, does not have long battery life and if it runs all the way down, a software reload is required. Plus, it's hard to get support for the iPaq at this point.

Both Used Lighting and ebay also have remotes, but they are packaged with a full console setup. Perhaps someone wants to sell the remote out of the package. So there are three options to pick from. Have fun with your "new" console!

David

I loved our RFU for the Ob 2 and it comes with a pretty long whip. I think ours had 75 if not 100 feet on it.

75 - 100 feet would be perfect would allow us to reach almost to the front of the stage so would save me having to keep running out into the hall and up into the booth just to turn on and off lights during focus.

Thanks for the references guys.

Jim

PS. Our first show with the new board is Les Miserables which is opening in two weeks.

If you can't find one the easy alternative is to just take the board to the stage. Tbh the RFU for it is pretty basic. We really only used it to trouble shoot when I didn't want to walk up to the board, and that was just the conventionals and scrollers. Using it for moving lights was a bit more hassle. Not to say it can't be done but board trumps RFU everytime.

We don't have any movers, at least not yet, all of our lights are conventionals.

And moving the board each time for focusing, at least in our case, would not be practical.

I will keep my eyes open of the wires RFU unit.

Thanks guys.

Yeah it is a big board to move. Ours lived on stage on its own rolling table til show time.

If you can't find one the easy alternative is to just take the board to the stage. Tbh the RFU for it is pretty basic. We really only used it to trouble shoot when I didn't want to walk up to the board, and that was just the conventionals and scrollers. Using it for moving lights was a bit more hassle. Not to say it can't be done but board trumps RFU everytime.

The OBII is NOT an Ion, size wise and I wouldn't be recommending moving anywhere. As well, I think this desk had an external processor unit ?, which would make that a no-go in any event.

The OBII is NOT an Ion, size wise and I wouldn't be recommending moving anywhere. As well, I think this desk had an external processor unit ?, which would make that a no-go in any event.

We took all the precautions when moving it and it is obsessively oblong hehe. Our brain lived SR with a net 2 setup. A pocket SL a pocket in the seating HL and obviously in the booth at the back of the house. So with a properly setup house you can move it where ever you want without the ball n chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back