Offline Editor for MAC?

So, I use offline editors quite a bit, but i always have to use my PC cause thats just where all my editors were and it was my work computer. But i've always been a Mac person and i want to try and get the offlines i have for Mac. Most common one i use would be for the ETC express. So if i cant find any but that i would be happy. So so these exist. I've search and searched and cant find one. does anyone know where they might be hiding or if they do exist? thank alot guys

You can get the Eos/Ion OLE for Mac. I don't think that you can get the Expression OLE for mac, though you may be able to run it in Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

In terms of ETC offline editors, the only ones available for mac are Eos/Ion/Element, and Smartfade. all of the others are windows only.

I've used the Expression offline editor on my MBP with VMware. It works fine, but it gets interesting when you try to connect a floppy drive.

I know this is an old thread, but have their been any improvements on Mac Off-Line Editors. I have to say that ETC has my upmost respect, especially in customer service, but they really need to develop some off-line editors...Especially for all of us that love our apple kids.

Considering that as of three years ago there were mac offline editors for the eos, congo, and smartfade (All of ETC's current consoles) I don't really understand what you are looking for?

The MAC OLE gets updated regularly. It is always going to be a secondary target for ETC since their consoles are based on Windows XP and/or Windows 7 Embedded. The Windows OLE is likely used by their developers as a test platform so it automagically gets all the updates first.

Personally, I would rather have them prioritizing their development time to enhancing the console rather than the OLE.

There are other consoles being used in the industry besides their current console. (i.e.- I am having to use an obsession II for 4 huge shows during the rest of 2012 alone)

sk8rsdad- that is a good point!

Patrickh: I don't disagree that older consoles are still in use, however, those offline editors are not updated/maintained any more on windows, let alone adding support for another platform. It's the price one pays for using older technology.

Patrickh: I don't disagree that older consoles are still in use, however, those offline editors are not updated/maintained any more on windows, let alone adding support for another platform. It's the price one pays for using older technology.

I can't disagree with your statement because it is simple truth! But realize, that it isn't by choice to use the obsession...I am going into the professional roadhouse on campus and that is what they have. I am begging the ME over at our other theatre to use the Ion, but I don't know if that will happen! But thank you for your input, to everyone!

Remember that if ETC (or any other company) were pouring resources into R&D of software to work with old consoles then either:
A] They'd need to charge for that software
or
B] They have to recover the cost in the pricing of their new products.

Neither are really appealing options, but ultimately you need your suppliers to stay in business if you still want to be able to buy from them in a few years' time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back