Vintage Lighting Old/vintage Mole fixtures

Thanks on my part, believe have some at work but doesn't look like the version I remember. Over my own price range though. Hope they get a good home. Be worth even more if with FBJ lamps.

Can comment on current auction price, when I found the listing, the two fixtures were sub $40. No desire to own a 5 light myself, plus the globes are expensive and short lived (at least the daylight ones are). Another seller has/had a Mole conelight for sale, haven't seen too many of those either. Guess not too many "odd" fixtures survive into the next decade when film and theater students aren't taught/have no clue how to use them. I've found that applies to lights like: Broads, Nooks, Sky Pans, Scoops and until recently, Mole zip softlights.

Can comment on current auction price, when I found the listing, the two fixtures were sub $40. No desire to own a 5 light myself, plus the globes are expensive and short lived (at least the daylight ones are). Another seller has/had a Mole conelight for sale, haven't seen too many of those either. Guess not too many "odd" fixtures survive into the next decade when film and theater students aren't taught/have no clue how to use them. I've found that applies to lights like: Broads, Nooks, Sky Pans, Scoops and until recently, Mole zip softlights.

Same thing on E-Bay for Stage Lighting. Probably over now and I cannot believe I'm the only bidder (hope I'm not) for a c.1936 or before Century Fresnel that's medium screw based. (The first generation - before Bi-pin or medium pre-focus.) Reason I hope I don't win it is that I already have one and would hope it goes to someone else. Seemingly in very good shape with minimum work needed - wrong lamp but a very rare lamp sold with it anyway, and for under $10.00. The lamp coming with it a medium screw T-28 lamp I believe at like 250w though not specified would be worth that and probably shipping cost in resale to Don's Bulb's. This fixture should have an off the shelf and fairly cheap 400G30/FL lamp in stead and it's still made.

Sometimes them in the industry get the lineage and respect for the old and use the new in appriciation of it, otherwise their main goal is seemingly to stay up with the modern - often without balance between and in hampered by even attempting to stay up with current gear it would seem, don't spend time with the basic common concepts or learning about them.

Have to admit, already mastered my trade and can design with anything, instead of concentrating on new gear, I focus on the details of old gear thus am biased.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back